Immigration Lies and Hypocrisy
2018-02-01 17:03:43 UTC
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/walter-e-williams/immigration-lies-and-hypocrisy/

LewRockwell.com
anti-state•anti-war•pro-market
Email address
SUBSCRIBE
Immigration Lies and Hypocrisy
By Walter E. Williams

January 31, 2018

FacebookTwitterShare
President Donald Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. is “having all these
people from shithole countries come here.” I think he could have used better
language, but it’s a question that should be asked and answered. I have a
few questions for my fellow Americans to consider. How many Norwegians have
illegally entered our nation, committed crimes and burdened our prison and
welfare systems? I might ask the same question about Finnish, Swedish,
Welsh, Icelanders, Greenlanders and New Zealanders. The bulk of our
immigration problem is with people who enter our country criminally from
Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East. It’s
illegal immigrants from those countries who have committed crimes and
burdened our criminal justice and welfare systems. A large number of
immigrants who are here illegally — perhaps the majority are law-abiding in
other respects — have fled oppressive, brutal and corrupt regimes to seek a
better life in America.

In the debate about illegal immigration, there are questions that are not
explicitly asked but can be answered with a straight “yes” or “no”: Does
everyone in the world have a right to live in the U.S.? Do Americans have a
right to decide who and under what conditions a person may enter our
country? Should we permit foreigners landing at our airports to ignore U.S.
border control laws just as some ignore our laws at our southern border? The
reason those questions are not asked is that one would be deemed an idiot
for saying that everyone in the world has a right to live in our country,
that Americans don’t have a right to decide who lives in our country and
that foreigners landing at our airports have a right to just ignore U.S.
Customs and Border Protection agents.

Immigration today, even when legal, is different from the immigration of
yesteryear. People who came here in the 19th century and most of the 20th
century came here to learn our language, learn our customs and become
Americans. Years ago, there was a guarantee that immigrants came here to
work, because there was no welfare system; they worked, begged or starved.
Today, there is no such assurance. Because of our welfare state, immigrants
can come here and live off taxpaying Americans.

Race & Economics: How ...
Walter E. Williams
Best Price: $7.25
Buy New $12.46
(as of 09:55 EST - Details)

There is another difference between today and yesteryear. Today, Americans
are taught multiculturalism throughout their primary, secondary and college
education. They are taught that one culture is no better or worse than
another. To believe otherwise is criticized at best as Eurocentrism and at
worst as racism. As a result, some immigrant groups seek to bring to our
country the cultural values whose failures have led to the poverty,
corruption and human rights violations in their home countries that caused
them to flee. As the fallout from President Trump’s indelicate remarks
demonstrates, too many Americans are afraid and unwilling to ask which
immigrant groups have become a burden to our nation and which have made a
contribution to the greatness of America.

Very unfortunate for our nation is that we have political groups that seek
to use illegal immigration for their own benefit. They’ve created sanctuary
cities and states that openly harbor criminals — people who have broken our
laws. The whole concept of sanctuary cities is to give aid, comfort and
sympathy to people who have broken our laws. Supporters want to prevent them
from having to hide and live in fear of discovery. I’d ask whether, for the
sake of equality before the law, we should apply the sanctuary concept to
Americans who have broken other laws, such as robbers and tax evaders.

We should not fall prey to people who criticize our efforts to combat
illegal immigration and who pompously say, “We’re a nation of immigrants!”
The debate is not over immigration. The debate is over illegal immigration.
My sentiments on immigrants who are here legally and who want to become
Americans are expressed by the sentiments in Emma Lazarus’ poem “The New
Colossus,” which is on a plaque inside the Statue of Liberty and in part
says, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to
breathe free.”

The Best of Walter E. Williams

Walter E. Williams is the John M. Olin distinguished professor of economics
at George Mason University, and a nationally syndicated columnist. To find
out more about Walter E. Williams and read features by other Creators
Syndicate columnists and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate web page.
Copyright © 2018 Creators.com

2018-02-01 17:32:18 UTC
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:03:43 -0800, "Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/walter-e-williams/immigration-lies-and-hypocrisy/
Immigration Lies and Hypocrisy
By Walter E. Williams
January 31, 2018
FacebookTwitterShare
President Donald Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. is “having all these
people from shithole countries come here.”
An excellent question. The worst of the shitholes is the Philippines
and the sub-humans who come from there. All of you shitheads should be
put on the next banana boat back to Manila.
M***@thruhikinggear.com
Ladies from America go to the Philippines to find mates. They don't go over to your place for that. I wonder why.
Michael Ejercito
2018-02-05 18:31:20 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/walter-e-williams/immigration-lies-and-hypocrisy/
Immigration Lies and Hypocrisy
By Walter E. Williams
January 31, 2018
FacebookTwitterShare
President Donald Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. is “having all these
people from shithole countries come here.”
An excellent question. The worst of the shitholes is the Philippines
and the sub-humans who come from there. All of you shitheads should be
put on the next banana boat back to Manila.
Ladies from America go to the Philippines to find mates. They don't go
over to your place for that. I >wonder why.
I am sure a clue or two can be found in Loose Cannon's posts.

2018-02-01 18:37:26 UTC
On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 12:32:18 -0500, Loose Sphincter, the unhappily married
Immigration Lies and Hypocrisy
By Walter E. Williams
January 31, 2018
FacebookTwitterShare
President Donald Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. is “having all these
people from shithole countries come here.”
An excellent question. The worst of the shitholes is the Philippines
and the sub-humans who come from there. All of you shitheads should be
put on the next banana boat back to Manila.
You got a hang-up about the Philippines and Manila, Loose Sphincter? How
come? Let me guess: you got it because your shagger Razovic got it, you
devoted servile whore! ROTFLOL
2018-02-01 20:14:06 UTC
banana
======BRIS REPEATED INANE GLUE-HUFFER RESPONSE FOR BREVITY ======

Damn! Didn't leave much, did it, Gordon! LOL

Maybe turn down the inanity in your next post?

Like, a lot?

[chuckle]

___________
not coming to holocaust me.

Klaus Schadenfreude
2018-02-01 20:38:51 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
President Donald Trump reportedly asked why the U.S. is “having all these
people from shithole countries come here.” I think he could have used better
language, but it’s a question that should be asked and answered. I have a
few questions for my fellow Americans to consider. How many Norwegians have
illegally entered our nation, committed crimes and burdened our prison and
welfare systems?
The requirements for an Australia Skilled Visa are as follows:
http://www.visabureau.com/australia/visa-requirement.aspx
Age - you must be under 50 when you apply;
English language - you should have sufficient ability in the English
language to work in Australia (at least at a competent level);
Nominated occupation - when you apply you nominate a skilled
occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. This occupation
must be found on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List;
Skills assessment - before you apply, you must have your skills
assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess
your nominated occupation (which will usually have specific
qualifications requirements);
Health assessment - you should be of reasonably good health and all
applicants must have their health assessed by a panel doctor and
undergo a medical examination; and
Character assessment - you should be of good character and this too
will be assessed.
If you are unable to meet the new visa Basic Requirements and pass the
Points Test, then you should not continue with a General Skilled
Migration to Australia application.

They also have:

Australian Family Migration Visas

The following Australian visas lead to permanent residency and
settlement in Australia on the basis of having a family member who is
an eligible Australian citizen.

And The Australian Business Visa Program encourages successful
business owners, investors and senior executives to settle in
Australia while developing new or existing opportunities in Australian
business.

I don't see anything about unskilled shithole citizens.