France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
2017-02-27 02:43:19 UTC
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization

The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized centers or
in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do not want to be
deradicalized.

Although France is home to an estimated 8,250 hardcore Islamic radicals,
only 17 submitted applications and just nine arrived. Not a single resident
has completed the full ten-month curriculum.

By housing Islamists in separate prison wings, they actually had become more
violent because they were emboldened by "the group effect," according to
Justice Minister Jean-Jacques Urvoas.

"Deradicalizing someone does not happen in six months. These people, who
have not been given an ideal and who have clung to Islamic State's ideology,
are not going to get rid of it just like that. There is no 'Open Sesame.'" —
Senator Esther Benbassa.

"The deradicalization program is a total fiasco. Everything must be
rethought, everything must be redesigned from scratch." — Senator Philippe
Bas, the head of the Senate committee that commissioned the report.

The French government's flagship program to deradicalize jihadists is a
"total failure" and must be "completely reconceptualized," according to the
initial conclusions of a parliamentary fact-finding commission on
deradicalization.

The preliminary report reveals that the government has nothing to show for
the tens of millions of taxpayer euros it has spent over the past several
years to combat Islamic radicalization in France, where 238 people have been
killed in jihadist attacks since January 2015. The report implies that
deradicalization, either in specialized centers or in prisons, does not work
because most Islamic radicals do not want to be deradicalized.

The report, "Deindoctrination, Derecruitment and Reintegration of Jihadists
in France and Europe" (Désendoctrinement, désembrigadement et réinsertion
des djihadistes en France et en Europe) — the title avoids using the word
"deradicalization" because it is considered by some to be politically
incorrect — was presented to the Senate Committee on Constitutional and
Legal Affairs on February 22.

The report is the preliminary version of a comprehensive study currently
being conducted by a cross-party task force charged with evaluating the
effectiveness of the government's deradicalization efforts. The final report
is due in July.

Much of the criticism focuses on a €40 million ($42 million) plan to build
13 deradicalization centers — known as Centers for Prevention, Integration
and Citizenship (Centre de prévention, d'insertion et de citoyenneté,
CPIC) — one in each of France's metropolitan regions, aimed at
deradicalizing would-be jihadists.

The original plan, which was unveiled with great fanfare in May 2016, called
for each center to host a maximum of 25 individuals, aged 18 to 30, for
periods of ten months. The government said that 3,600 radicalized
individuals would enter these deradicalization centers during the next two
years.

The government's first — and, until now, only — deradicalization center,
housed in the Château de Pontourny, an isolated 18th-century manor in
central France, opened in September 2016.

When Senators Esther Benbassa and Catherine Troendlé, both of whom are
leading the task force, visited Pontourny on February 3, they found only one
resident at the facility. That individual has since been imprisoned for
committing "acts of domestic violence."

After just five months of operation, Pontourny is now empty, even though it
employs 27 people, including five psychologists, a psychiatrist and nine
educators, at an annual cost of €2.5 million ($2.6 million).

The Château de Pontourny "Center for Prevention, Integration and
Citizenship," in France. (Image source: 28 minutes - ARTE video screenshot)
Although France is home to an estimated 8,250 hardcore Islamic radicals,
only 59 people have inquired about going to Pontourny since its opening. Of
those, only 17 submitted applications and just nine arrived. Not a single
resident has completed the full ten-month curriculum.

One of the residents was a 24-year-old jihadist named Mustafa S., who was
arrested during a counter-terrorism operation near Strasbourg on January 20,
2017. Police said he has links to one of the authors of the November 2015
jihadist attack on the Bataclan Theater in Paris. Mustafa S. was arrested
while on leave from Pontourny: He was allegedly on his way to join the
Islamic State in Syria.

Another one of the residents of Pontourny was a 24-year-old pregnant woman
named Sabrina C., who lived in the facility from September 19 to December
15. She revealed to a local newspaper that she has never been radicalized
but took advantage of Pontourny to escape her "family cocoon" and get some
"fresh air":

"At no time did I feel interested in any religion whatsoever. My family is
Catholic, non-practicing, we go to church from time to time, but no more. My
boyfriend wanted me to wear the headscarf, but I always refused."

Sabrina's mother said the deradicalization facility "was an opportunity for
our daughter to attend vocational training, to learn cooking, to be near the
animals." Sabrina added that her stay there was a nightmare: "I wept every
night, I did not feel in my place. In Pontourny, they treated me like a
criminal." She speculated that the only reason she was allowed into the
facility was because the government needed "to make the numbers."

The government has also failed in its efforts to stamp out Islamic
radicalization in French prisons. In October 2016, the government reversed a
policy to house radicalized prisoners in separate units after an increase in
attacks on prison guards.

The original idea was to isolate Islamists to keep them from radicalizing
other inmates, but Justice Minister Jean-Jacques Urvoas admitted that by
housing them in separate prison wings, the Islamists actually had become
more violent because they were emboldened by what he called "the group
effect."

The report also denounced the emergence of a "deradicalization industry" in
which associations and non-governmental organizations with no experience in
deradicalization have been awarded lucrative government contracts. "Several
associations, seeking public funding in times of fiscal shortage, turned to
the deradicalization sector without any real experience," according to
Senator Benbassa.

Benbassa said that the government's deradicalization program was
ill-conceived and rushed for political reasons amid a growing jihadist
threat. "The government was in panic as a result of the jihadist attacks,"
she said. "It was the panic that guided its actions. Political time was
short, it was necessary to reassure the general public."

French-Iranian Sociologist Farhad Khosrokhavar, an expert in radicalization,
told France 24 that the government's only option for dealing with hardcore
jihadists is to lock them up:

"Some people can be deradicalized, but not everyone. It's impossible with
the hardcore jihadists, those who are totally convinced. These types of
profiles are very dangerous and represent about 10% to 15% of those who have
been radicalized. Prison might be one of the only ways of dealing with these
die-hard believers."

In an interview with L'Obs, Benbassa said the government has also failed to
address prevention:

"Young candidates for jihadism must be socialized. We must teach them a
profession, professionalize them and offer them an individualized follow-up.
This involves the help of the family, imams, local police officers,
educators, psychologists and business leaders, who can also intervene....

"I also think that our political leaders should adopt a little sobriety and
humility when approaching this complex phenomenon. The task is extremely
difficult. 'Deradicalizing' someone does not happen in six months. These
people, who have not been given an ideal and who have clung to Islamic
State's ideology, are not going to get rid of it just like that. There is no
'Open Sesame.'"

Senator Philippe Bas, the head of the Senate committee that commissioned the
report, described the government's deradicalization program this way: "It is
a total fiasco. Everything must be rethought, everything must be redesigned
from scratch."

Soeren Kern is a Senior Fellow at the New York-based Gatestone Institute.
Follow him on Facebook and on Twitter.

Follow Soeren Kern on Twitter and Facebook
NEMO (not forging pedo Barry)
2017-02-27 13:49:39 UTC
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:43:19 -0800, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized centers or
in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do not want to be
deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Michael Ejercito
2017-02-27 14:25:07 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized centers or
in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do not want to be
deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Mangina, I most certainly do.

Michael
NEMO (not forging pedo Barry)
2017-02-27 15:42:46 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized centers or
in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do not want to be
deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Mangina, I most certainly do.
Michael
Then most certainly greek you, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid!
The Peeler
2017-02-27 18:19:25 UTC
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 07:42:46 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual cripple, IMPERSONATING
Post by Michael Ejercito
Mangina, I most certainly do.
Michael
Then most certainly greek you, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid!
Instead, your own "life" keeps "greeking" YOU ...and obviously VERY hard
...EVERY day!
--
Anal Razovic's motto:
"An enema for every constipated anus."
2017-02-27 18:19:18 UTC
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 05:49:39 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized centers or
in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do not want to be
deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
You don't, you miserable housebound hysterical psychopath?
--
Shadow about anal Razovic:
"Not forgetting that her asshole is bigger than her brain."
MID: <57f3d883$0$10651$b1db1813$***@news.astraweb.com>
Shadow 2
2017-02-27 22:06:05 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized
centers or in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do
not want to be deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Posting for David while he's on vacation.

"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".

Hillel
NEMO (not forging pedo Barry)
You sound like a jew asshole...that's how YOU'VE been defined.
The Peeler
2017-02-27 22:48:40 UTC
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:12:32 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Shadow 2
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
You sound like a jew asshole...that's how YOU'VE been defined.
You are the definition of an asshole! And you KNOW it! LOL
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
2017-02-28 14:21:53 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized
centers or in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do
not want to be deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.

Michael
NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
Shadow 2
2017-02-28 17:13:21 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
France: Deradicalization of Jihadists a "Total Fiasco"
by Soeren Kern
February 26, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9982/france-deradicalization
The report implies that deradicalization, either in specialized
centers or in prisons, does not work because most Islamic radicals do
not want to be deradicalized.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with radicalisation, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."

You have just displayed your anger and hate to the world, serb.

Hillel
NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
2017-02-28 18:39:27 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
I have just displayed my anger and hate to the world.
Hillel
Take, your jewloving anger and stick, it up your jewloving asshole.
The Peeler
2017-02-28 19:00:17 UTC
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:39:27 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Shadow 2
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
You have just displayed your anger and hate to the world, serb.
Hillel
Take, your jewloving anger and stick, it up your jewloving asshole.
Is your arse hurting and burning, dumb anal Razovic? What did you do with it
again? <BG>
--
Michael about Gay Razovic:
"He is a mangina- the shape of a man, the masculinity of a vagina."
MID: <00f49a20-09c5-4e66-92b7-***@ou9g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>
Shadow 2
2017-02-28 19:14:07 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
I have just displayed my anger and hate to the world.
Hillel
Take, your jewloving anger and stick, it up your jewloving asshole.
" The mind is everything. What you think is what you become."

It's readily apparent where your mind is, serb.

Hillel
NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
2017-02-28 19:19:16 UTC
Post by Shadow 2
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
I have just displayed my anger and hate to the world.
Hillel
Take, your jewloving anger and stick, it up your jewloving asshole.
" The mind is everything. What you think is what you become."
It's readily apparent where my jewloving mind is.
It's up, a jew anus with your jewloving tongue, jewlover!
The Peeler
2017-02-28 19:33:47 UTC
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:19:16 -0800, NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie
Post by Shadow 2
" The mind is everything. What you think is what you become."
It's readily apparent where your mind is, serb.
Hillel
It's up, a jew anus with my jewhating tongue, master!
Tell us something everyone didn't know already, arsebandit!

2017-03-01 13:51:01 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
You have just displayed your anger and hate to the world, serb.
Hillel
He also displays his Judenhass, his perversion, and his love of evil.

Baruch HaShem.

Happy New Month.

Michael
NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
2017-03-01 13:55:20 UTC
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 05:51:01 -0800, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
[FLUHS jewloving shite]
Post by Michael Ejercito
He also displays his Judenhass, his perversion, and his love of evil.
You also display your Judenliebe, your GBLT ainlungus, and your love
of the Queen Mary parking lot.
Post by Michael Ejercito
Baruch HaShem.
Barack HaSsein.
Post by Michael Ejercito
Happy New Month.
Michael
Inanity, at its best.
The Peeler
2017-03-01 15:41:38 UTC
On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 05:55:20 -0800, NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
"Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image."
You have just displayed your anger and hate to the world, serb.
Hillel
He also displays his Judenhass, his perversion, and his love of evil.
You also display your Judenliebe, your GBLT ainlungus, and your love
of the Queen Mary parking lot.
Ridiculous psychotic NONSENSE!
Post by NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
Post by Michael Ejercito
Baruch HaShem.
Barack HaSsein.
Ridiculous psychotic IDIOT!
Post by NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
Post by Michael Ejercito
Happy New Month.
Michael
...projects the grand-master of inane "contributions", serb psychopath
Razovic, Usenet's "famous" sexual cripple! LOL
2017-02-28 18:56:07 UTC
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:51:14 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
HE doesn't come across as such AT ALL. YOU indeed DO!
2017-03-04 17:51:38 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by Shadow 2
Posting for David while he's on vacation.
"When you judge another, you don't define them, you define yourself".
Hillel
So true, for when we judge others, we reveal our own values.
Michael
You don't GOT, any values, dreckgook...you're EXEMPT
HE doesn't come across as such AT ALL. YOU indeed DO!
He values Judenhass, rectums, and shit.

Michael
NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
2017-03-05 13:45:55 UTC
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 09:51:38 -0800, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
[FLUHS Grik skata]
Post by Michael Ejercito
He values Judenhass, rectums, and shit.
Michael
YOU value Judenliebe, jew ani/recti, jew diarrhoea and your regular
weekend spot at the Queen Mary parking lot!
The Peeler
2017-03-05 15:45:29 UTC
On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 05:45:55 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual cripple, IMPERSONATING
Post by NEMO (not forging jew kike Sheinie hymie pedophile Barry)
HE doesn't come across as such AT ALL. YOU indeed DO!
He values Judenhass, rectums, and shit.
Michael
YOU value Judenliebe, jew ani/recti, jew diarrhoea and your regular
weekend spot at the Queen Mary parking lot!
Psychotic NONSENSE!
--
Michael about dumb anal Razovic:
"He values Judenhass, rectums, and shit."