Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?
2018-03-09 18:30:47 UTC
Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?
Walter E. Williams Walter E. Williams |Posted: Mar 07, 2018 12:01 AM

Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?

Before we discuss violence with guns, I'd like to run a couple of questions
by you. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every
day nearly 30 Americans die in motor vehicle crashes that involve drunk
driving. What kind of restrictions should be placed on automobile ownership?
Should there be federal background checks in order for people to obtain a
driver's license or purchase a car?

The FBI's 2015 Uniform Crime Report shows that nearly three times more
people were stabbed or hacked to death than were killed with shotguns and
rifles combined. The number of shotgun and rifle deaths totaled 548. People
who were stabbed or hacked to death totaled 1,573. Should there be federal
background checks and waiting periods for knife purchases?

Any mature and reasonable person would argue that it is utter nonsense to
deal with drunk driving deaths and knife deaths by having federal background
checks and waiting periods to obtain a driver's license or to purchase a car
or knife. One would recognize, just as courts and the general public do,
that cars and knives are inanimate objects and cannot act on their own.
Therefore, if we want to do something about deaths resulting from drunk
driving or being stabbed or hacked to death, we must focus on individuals.
It would be folly and gross negligence of victims for us to focus on
inanimate objects like cars and knives. Guns are also inanimate objects and
like cars and knives cannot act on their own. It's also plain folly to focus
on guns in the cases of shooting deaths.

CARTOONS | GLENN MCCOY
VIEW CARTOON
What about the availability of guns? It turns out that for most of our
history, a person could walk into hardware and department stores or a gun
store, virtually anywhere in the United States, and purchase a rifle or
pistol. The 1902 Sears mail-order catalog had 35 pages of firearm
advertisements. Other catalogs and magazines from the 1940s, '50s and '60s
were full of gun advertisements directed to both youngsters and parents.
"What Every Parent Should Know When a Boy or Girl Wants a Gun" was published
by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Another magazine advertised "Get
This Cowboy Carbine with Your Christmas Money." Just a few states even had
age restrictions for buying guns. Private transfers of guns to juveniles
were unrestricted. Often a 12th or 14th birthday present, from a father to
his son, was a shiny new .22 caliber rifle.

Today, there is far less availability of shotguns, rifles and pistols than
any time in our history. That historical fact should raise the question:
Despite the greater accessibility to guns in previous decades, why wasn't
there the kind of violence we see with today's far more restricted access to
guns? Have rifles and pistols changed their behavior from yesteryear and
they are now out committing mayhem and evil? To answer in the affirmative
can be dismissed as pure lunacy. Thus, if guns haven't changed, then it must
be that people have changed. Half-witted psychobabble such as stopping
children from playing schoolyard games like cops 'n' robbers and cowboys 'n'
Indians won't do much. Calling for more gun restrictions, gun-free zones and
other measures have been for naught.

We must own up to the fact that laws and regulations alone cannot produce a
civilized society. Morality is society's first line of defense against
uncivilized behavior. Moral standards of conduct have been under siege in
our country for over a half a century. Moral absolutes have been abandoned
as guiding principles. We've been taught not to be judgmental, that one
lifestyle or set of values is just as good as another. We no longer hold
people accountable for their behavior and we accept excuse-making. Problems
of murder, mayhem and other forms of anti-social behavior will continue
until we regain our moral footing.

2018-03-10 04:21:51 UTC
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 10:30:47 -0800, "Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?
Walter E. Williams Walter E. Williams |Posted: Mar 07, 2018 12:01 AM
According to Google, Walter E. Williams is a nigger. How many times do
you have to be told that we don't care what a nigger thinks?
M***@thruhikinggear.com
According to Google, Walter E. Williams is also an economics professor at a prestigious university. Why can't you simply address his arguments?
The Peeler
2018-03-10 09:54:08 UTC
On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 23:21:51 -0500, Loose Sphincter, the unhappily married
Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?
Walter E. Williams Walter E. Williams |Posted: Mar 07, 2018 12:01 AM
According to Google, Walter E. Williams is a nigger. How many times do
you have to be told that we don't care what a nigger thinks?
According to Usenet you are a ridiculous unhappily married gay nazi
assclown, Loose Sphincter! How many times do you have to be told that
straight men don't care what nazi fags like you "think"?
--
Loose Sphincter about his predilection:
"Foreskins, and only foreskins. That's my life."
2018-03-10 11:38:20 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
FAKE Loose Cannon <***@gmx.com> wrote:

[...]

Yo, nazoid sub-lice... LOOK at the wife of this Black Fellow!

Dear nazoid sub-lice: this is especially relevant to the small
percentage of you who are not fags or pedos...

Look at the photographs of this Black guy with his super-model
wife:

"Male hearts are breaking all over the world as it was announced
that Victoria's Secret stunner Doutzen Kroes got married yesterday.
The pregnant Dutch model married DJ/producer Sunnery James in her
home town of Eastermar in the Netherlands."

http://tinyurl.com/o9sf4nb
http://tinyurl.com/kojqsm7

NOW, compare her to the ugly, horrible bitches YOU were able
to catch... LOMPO!!
The Jews
2018-03-10 12:27:49 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Hidden Agenda or Ignorance?
Walter E. Williams Walter E. Williams |Posted: Mar 07, 2018 12:01 AM
According to Google, Walter E. Williams is
everything you're not, apparently.

An American.
An economist
A commentator
An academic.
A veteran.
A professor.
A writer

You, on the other hand, are an unemployable, glue-huffing pedophile.
Post by Loose Cannon
How many times do
you have to be told that we don't care what a nigger thinks?
How many times do you need to be told your opinion has never even
mattered?

[chuckle]

Carolina Reb
2018-03-10 05:14:44 UTC
[...]
None of this has anything to do with your overdue presence on the
banana boat back to manila, Gookboy.
The Peeler
2018-03-10 09:54:12 UTC
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:14:44 -0800 (PST), our resident senile nazi homo,

F'up
2018-03-10 11:40:09 UTC
neo-Nazi leader shot dead by his 10 year old son whom he abused
neo-nazi leader Jeff Hall shot dead by... his 10 year old son,
after the boy could no longer stand the abuse he suffered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jeff_Hall
http://tinyurl.com/q4hxupb