Forty Jews were arrested at a New York City protest against Amazon’s work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement
P-Dub
2019-10-07 17:54:18 UTC
Forty Jews were arrested at a New York City protest against Amazon’s work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement
NEW YORK (JTA) — Forty Jews were arrested at a New York City protest against Amazon’s work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Sunday’s protest was one of more than 50 similar Jewish demonstrations that were held across the country to mark Tisha b’Av, the traditional Jewish day of mourning, in opposition to U.S. immigration policy. A range of progressive Jewish groups organized the protests, which also took place in several other major cities, including Washington, D.C., Chicago and Los Angeles.
There were no arrests at the other venues, according to T’ruah, the liberal rabbinic human rights group that was among the protest organizers.
The protests are the latest in a series of direct actions by Jewish groups against the immigrant detention centers in the United States. The protests, in many cases organized by a new group called Never Again Action, draw explicit links between the Holocaust and the treatment of undocumented immigrants today across the country.
In New York City, more than 1,000 demonstrators crammed into a brick-and-mortar Amazon store to protest the tech giant’s contract with ICE, which uses Amazon technology. The protesters held a large sign that read “Never again means never again” and, with most of the protesters sitting on the floor of the store, read accounts of people detained in immigration facilities.
The protesters were eager to draw a connection between their cause and Tisha b’Av, which commemorates a range of Jewish historical tragedies, including the destruction of the First and Second Temples in Jerusalem thousands of years ago. Some protesters wore prayer shawls and tefillin.
They recited Kaddish, the traditional mourner’s prayer, sang a melody traditionally used in Tisha b’Av liturgy and read from the Book of Lamentations, which is traditionally read on Tisha b’Av. Some held up a large banner with a Hebrew quotation from the book, which translates to “For these things do I weep. My eyes flow with tears: Far from me is any comforter who might revive my spirit; my children are forlorn, for the foe has prevailed.”
Along with T’ruah, other protest organizers included the refugee aid group HIAS, the National Council of Jewish Women and the activist group Bend the Arc.
“We are turning our grief into action and taking to the streets to demand that tech companies stop enabling the deportation machine terrorizing immigrant communities, separating families, and putting children in cages,” tweeted Jews for Racial and Economic Justice, a left-wing Jewish group that co-sponsored the New York protest.
Golems for Racial & Economic Teshuva
@JFREJNYC
· Aug 11, 2019
Today, on Tisha B’Av, #JewsAgainstICE are taking action to say #NeverAgainIsNOW. Tisha B’Av is a Jewish day of mourning, and today we mourn for the people rounded up, torn from their families, thrown in cages, and deported by ICE.
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
Golems for Racial & Economic Teshuva
@JFREJNYC
We are turning our grief into action and taking to the streets to demand that tech companies stop enabling the deportation machine terrorizing immigrant communities, separating families, and putting children in cages.#JewsAgainstICE #NoTech4ICE #NeverAgainIsNow #ClosetheCamps
Embedded video
1,022
3:20 PM - Aug 11, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
386 people are talking about this
For months, progressive activists have been calling on Amazon to cut its ties to the immigration agency. In a statement last month to The Washington Post which is owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Amazon said it has “provided a proposed legislative framework” for how governments can responsibly use its artificial intelligence technology.
One of the protesters arrested at the New York demonstration was a Jewish city councilman, Brad Lander. In a series of tweets, Lander compared the Amazon protest to the White Rose movement in Nazi Germany, which opposed the country’s persecution of Jews.
“Knowing the risks, they distributed flyers pleading with their fellow Germans to see the atrocities being committed by their government against Jews,” he wrote.
Comparisons between the Holocaust and U.S. immigration policy have touched a nerve within the American Jewish community. Some, including the protesters, believe it’s their duty as Jews to invoke the Holocaust while opposing injustice. Others say the Holocaust was not comparable to the situation in the detention centers, and that using phrases like “concentration camp” and “Never again” trivializes the Holocaust.
I can't stand assholes who hate Jews.

I also can't stand libtard Jews who are an embarrassment to all. They should know better. These morons play right into the hands of nazi-supporters. The nazis are laughing at them.

Then again, all libtards are an embarrassment to the USA. It's not just Jews. Libtardism is a disease that is being spread by the paid off Soros controlled media.

TRUMP 2020. Fuck the libtards.
The Peeler
2019-10-07 18:41:16 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 10:40:32 -0700 (PDT), plaingaydumbmuzzieshit spouted yet
Forty Jews were arrested
<FLUSH more TYPICAL retarded muzzie copy & paste>

If you can't copy & paste in typical retarded muzzie manner, you can't
produce much other than your five or six ridiculous standard lines, eh,
plaingaydumbmuzzieshit? LOL
--
Planet Visitor II about plainstupidamerican:
"If his ignorance was gold, we could eliminate the U.S. deficit."
2019-10-07 21:43:39 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 14:26:47 -0700 (PDT), plaingaydumbmuzzieshit spouted yet
Trump is an ignorant liar, asshole, criminal and zionist pig and should be
removed from office by any means necessary and his whole family deported
to israel.
He has not been very well-meaning to you retarded muzzies, has he,
plaingaydumbmuzzieshit? LOL
The Peeler
2019-10-07 21:45:32 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 14:24:31 -0700 (PDT), plaingaydumbmuzzieshit spouted yet
ah ... the jews invented everything.
try again ...
They invented a LOT, especially compared to their numbers. Most likely,
compared to their numbers, they invented the MOST! But you know that,
plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
NoSpamAtAll
2019-10-07 21:58:07 UTC
You've got a big mouth, cocksucker.
plainolamerican
2019-10-08 20:48:45 UTC
Post by NoSpamAtAll
Trump is an ignorant liar, asshole, criminal and zionist pig and should be removed from office by any means
necessary and his whole family deported to israel.
You've got a big mouth, cocksucker.
fuck you and your dead mother really hard, asshole.
Trump should be strung up asap.
The Peeler
2019-10-08 21:39:38 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:48:45 -0700 (PDT), plaingaydumbmuzzieshit spouted yet
Post by plainolamerican
Post by NoSpamAtAll
Trump is an ignorant liar, asshole, criminal and zionist pig and should be removed from office by any means
necessary and his whole family deported to israel.
You've got a big mouth, cocksucker.
fuck you and your dead mother really hard, asshole.
Trump should be strung up asap.
Like he said, you got big mouth, muzzie cocksucker! But then, which muzzie
hasn't a big mouth, eh, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit?
B***@37.com
And you're an effeminate homo-sexual cocksucker far from anybody and anything considered considered plain old or american you pantywaist pretentious bitch of a genderless troll. Now stick your geek neck and nose back up your rectum and STFU.
plainolamerican
wrong again, you zionist whore ... go fuck youself and your jewish god really hard.
The Peeler
2019-10-08 21:40:52 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:50:07 -0700 (PDT), plaingaydumbmuzzieshit spouted yet
Post by B***@37.com
you're an effeminate homo-sexual cocksucker
---
wrong again, you zionist whore ... go fuck youself and your jewish god really hard.
He's right, you gay muzzie cocksucker! Go fuck off to the muzzie country you
fled because of your gayness!