Ninth Circuit: Second Amendment Secures Right to Carry Guns in Public
2018-07-25 11:27:24 UTC
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r

Ninth Circuit: Second Amendment Secures Right to Carry Guns in Public
The Ninth Circuit had earlier held -- citing D.C. v. Heller -- that the
Second Amendment doesn't secure a right to concealed carry, but the panel
now holds that it secures a right to carry openly (though it reserves the
possibility that a state might be able to choose whether to allow open carry
or to allow concealed carry).
Eugene Volokh|Jul. 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Guns
In today's Young v. Hawaii, a Ninth Circuit panel holds by a 2-to-1 vote
(Judge Diarmuid O'Scannlain, joined by Judge Sandra Ikuta, with Judge Robert
Clifton dissenting) that the Second Amendment secures a right to carry guns
openly in public places. Though the Ninth Circuit had earlier resolved in
Peruta v. County of San Diego (en banc) that the Second Amendment doesn't
secure a right to concealed carry -- as D.C. v. Heller had earlier
suggested, in reliance on 19th-century cases that had generally rejected a
right to concealed carry -- the panel concludes (also citing Heller and
19th-century sources) that there is a right to open carry, so as to be able
to defend oneself in public places as well.

The Supreme Court has stated that carrying can be banned in some "sensitive
places such as schools and government buildings," so any right to carry
would not be unlimited; but it would apply to carrying a gun in one's car,
on most streets, and the like. The court also leaves open the possibility
that the underlying right is just a right to some form of carry, so that a
state may choose whether to allow open carry or concealed carry (or both, of
course), but may not ban both and thus makes guns available to most citizens
for self-defense in public places.

It is of course quite possible that the case will be reheard en banc, which
is what happened with Peruta (where the panel decision came out in favor of
protecting a right to carry). But if the case isn't reheard en banc, or the
panel decision is affirmed on en banc rehearing, then the case may well go
up to the Supreme Court, since this decision reinforces a split among the
circuits on the subject.

UPDATE: Prof. Josh Blackman summarizes the decision in this Twitter thread.
Congratulations to Alan Beck and Stephen Stamboulieh, the winning lawyers in
the case.

2018-07-26 17:57:50 UTC
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 04:27:24 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?

2018-07-26 22:08:23 UTC
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:57:50 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Don't you get lippy with your American master, filthy dreckserb!
Avenging Angel to dumb anal Razovic:
"You however are a stain on humanity that needs to be bleached out."
MID: <***@85>
Michael Ejercito
2018-07-27 11:27:12 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!

2018-07-27 14:41:29 UTC
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!
Michael
It would make her feel a LOT better if it were so. She CLINGS to her
psychotic delusions because of her fear of you!
2018-07-28 12:10:08 UTC
On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 04:27:12 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are an illegal Flip Chinaman...what could be MORE
flippin' illegal?

2018-07-28 16:01:44 UTC
On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 05:10:08 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are an illegal Flip Chinaman...what could be MORE
flippin' illegal?
So, why don't you report him to the American authorities, dumb dreckserb? It
would be THE chance for you to get rid of him and your daily humiliation
through at his hand! <BG>
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
2018-07-28 16:35:06 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are an illegal Flip Chinaman...what could be MORE
flippin' illegal?
Nithing, I am totally American!

2018-07-29 12:45:07 UTC
On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 09:35:06 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-secures-r
What POSSIBLE relevance can this have to an illegal Flip like you,
mong?
Mangina, there is nothing flippin' illegal about me!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are an illegal Flip Chinaman...what could be MORE
flippin' illegal?
Nithing, I am totally American!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are totally Flip Chinaman. You belong in the slums of
Manila. And soon, you will BE back in the slums of Manila.

2018-07-29 13:32:19 UTC
On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 05:45:07 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Nithing, I am totally American!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are totally Flip Chinaman. You belong in the slums of
Manila. And soon, you will BE back in the slums of Manila.
Dreckserb, your master is TOTALLY American! YOU are TOTALLY an asshole! And
you know BOTH!
Dumb anal Razovic admitting about his nazi kind:
"We've Been Counting jew ani and sucking them dry!!"
2018-08-02 11:05:09 UTC
On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 05:45:07 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Nithing, I am totally American!
Michael
Dreckgook, you are totally Flip Chinaman. You belong in the slums of
Manila. And soon, you will BE back in the slums of Manila.
Dreckserb, your master is TOTALLY American! YOU are TOTALLY an asshole! And
you know BOTH!
I have no reason to go to the slums of Manila.

But he goes there to give head in exchange for pesos.

2018-08-03 12:07:40 UTC
On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 04:05:09 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
[FLUHS Grik skata]

Watch, it anus!
Post by Michael Ejercito
I have no reason to go to the slums of Manila.
The ICE popo will GIVE you a reason to go back to Manila, mong.
Post by Michael Ejercito
But he goes there to give head in exchange for pesos.
Michael
Is THAT what you did before you infested the Great Satan???

2018-08-03 12:39:48 UTC
On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 05:07:40 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Dreckserb, your master is TOTALLY American! YOU are TOTALLY an asshole! And
you know BOTH!
I have no reason to go to the slums of Manila.
The ICE popo will GIVE you a reason to go back to Manila, mong.
WHEN??? You've been fantasizing about it for YEARS, you ridiculous
housebound impotent sexually cripple all-time loser! LOL
But he goes there to give head in exchange for pesos.
Michael
Is THAT what you did before you infested the Great Satan???
Stop projecting your OWN depravity onto all those that you feel
are way superior to you and straight unlike you, you sexually crippled perv!
"LOLOK"??? Is that the sound you make when you choke on dick, cocksucking
Razovic?
"The Jews" about retarded anal Razovic:
"They write about politics, commerce, and other important topics.
Gordon writes about anuses and diarrhea."
2018-08-04 16:48:55 UTC
On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 04:05:09 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
[FLUHS Grik skata]
Watch, it anus!
We watch vulva instead.

I have no reason to go to the slums of Manila.
The ICE popo will GIVE you a reason to go back to Manila, mong.
You have yet the identify this reason, or the reason why the ICE popo
would give me a reason.
But he goes there to give head in exchange for pesos.
Michael
Is THAT what you did before you infested the Great Satan???
I never did such a thing.

2018-08-05 16:01:08 UTC
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 09:48:55 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
I have no reason to go to the slums of Manila.
The ICE popo will GIVE you a reason to go back to Manila, mong.
You have yet the identify this reason, or the reason why the ICE popo
would give me a reason.
You will FIGURE out the reason when you get dragged onto a
Manila-bound banana boat.
But he goes there to give head in exchange for pesos.
Michael
Is THAT what you did before you infested the Great Satan???
I never did such a thing.
Michael
You did it in Manila and you're doing it NOW, you slant eyed asshole!

2018-08-05 17:52:01 UTC
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 09:01:08 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
You have yet the identify this reason, or the reason why the ICE popo
would give me a reason.
You will FIGURE out the reason when you get dragged onto a
Manila-bound banana boat.
IOW, you ADMIT that you are spouting just your usual stinking BULLSHIT,
dreckserb Razovic! LOL
I never did such a thing.
Michael
You did it in Manila and you're doing it NOW, you slant eyed asshole!
Ridiculous psychotic NONSENSE by our ridiculous resident sexual cripple,
poor retarded anal Razovic herself! LOL