Observations On The Washington Post Op-Ed, “Why America Needs A Hate Speech Law”
2019-10-31 15:27:10 UTC
http://ethicsalarms.com/2019/10/30/observations-on-the-washington-post-op-ed-why-america-needs-a-hate-speech-law/

Observations On The Washington Post Op-Ed, “Why America Needs A Hate Speech
Law”
OCTOBER 30, 2019 / JACK MARSHALL

Richard Stengel, a frequent contributor on MSNBC, a former editor of Time
magazine, and the State Department’s undersecretary for public diplomacy
and public affairs in the Obama administration from 2013 to 2016 wrote this
embarrassing, anti-free speech screed.

Observations:

1. In the past I have criticized newspapers and other publications for
publishing irresponsible opinion pieces. This time, I want to thank and
praise the Washington Post. Either intentionally or inadvertently, it has
performed a public service by using its op-ed pages to expose the hypocrisy,
intellectual bankruptcy, ethics ignorance and relentless totalitarian rot of
their own ideological compatriots.

2. I might say the same about Stengal, but he really seems to think that he
is making a persuasive case. Imagine: a man whom President Obama and his
Democratic administration trusted as a high level State Department official
can make an argument like this…

Why shouldn’t the states experiment with their own version of hate speech
statutes to penalize speech that deliberately insults people based on
religion, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation?

Why, Richard? Oh, gee, I don’t know…maybe because “insult” is a completely
subjective standard? Perhaps because Massachusetts, Vermont,California, and
Oregon might decide that arguments against climate change cant is hate
speech, like Holocaust denial? Maybe because the 14th Amendment prohibits
states from abridging the Bill of Rights?

3. Kudos also to the Washington Post readership, which properly and
thoroughly ripped Stengel and his arguments apart with almost no one
defending him . The very few that did made Stengel level statements like
this one: “The solution is not to inhibit free speech; the solution is to
put some controls on the communication of the free speech.”

You idiot: if the government restricts how speech can be communicated, then
it is inhibiting free speech.

4. Stengel resorts to two arguments for gutting the First Amendment so
juvenile, flawed and rationalization-based that the mind boggles. One is
that other nations have passed speech restricting laws: “Since World War
II, many nations have passed laws to curb the incitement of racial and
religious hatred.” Behold the modern progressive delusion that not
conforming to the cultures and values of other nations is evidence that the
United States is wrong. This is all part of the modern Left’s rejection of
American exceptionalism, that we’re out of step, and need to get in line.
The entire American experiment is founded on extremely limited government
control over what individual citizens can do, say, and think. The United
States and its democracy has succeeded because of those limitations: people
like Spencer deny that success, so they see nothing amiss about loosening
them. His is an “everybody censors speech,” so it must be right thing to do
argument.

Then there is this:

” A 2016 Stanford study showed that 82 percent of middle schoolers couldn’t
distinguish between an ad labeled “sponsored content” and an actual news
story. Only a quarter of high school students could tell the difference
between an actual verified news site and one from a deceptive account
designed to look like a real one.”

Translation: “How can we indoctrinate kids with our Complete and Only Truth
if they are able to be influenced by contrary information?” The casual
presumption that “the truth” is so easily determined that “non-truth” can
and should be banned is another watermark of the emerging totalitarian Left.
Is opposing affirmative action “hate speech”? Arguing that transgendered
individuals shouldn’t be permitted to compete in women’s sports? Advocating
enforcement of immigration laws? How about mocking Elizabeth Warren for
falsely posing as a minority for most of her career?

We now know that the progressive definition of hate speech is “speech that
progressives hate.” The examples are endless. Anti-black insults are hate
speech, anti-white rhetoric is just, you know, deserved. Calling President
Trump a traitor, racist or a”motherfucker” is fair political discourse; his
calling Warren “Pocahontas” is hate speech. Saying that the nation needs to
get rid of “old, white men” in leadership positions is a valid observation;
any negative reference to a female politician is hate speech. Stengel doesn’t
even have the honesty (intelligence?) to address this most decisive of
rebuttals against proposals such as his: who decides what is “hate speech”?
You, Richard? The people who hire you and who agree with you?

Is there any doubt?

5. Stengel offers one false argument after another. Here’s one:

A century later, the framers believed that this marketplace was necessary
for people to make informed choices in a democracy. Somehow, magically,
truth would emerge. The presumption has always been that the marketplace
would offer a level playing field. But in the age of social media, that
landscape is neither level nor fair. On the Internet, truth is not
optimized. On the Web, it’s not enough to battle falsehood with truth; the
truth doesn’t always win. In the age of social media, the marketplace model
doesn’t work.

Hilarious. Thanks to the internet, the “playing field” is more level than
ever before. Before it, the biased, politically-distorted journalism that is
now the norm would have no opposition at all. We have seen the new media
repeatedly defeat efforts by mainstream media to warp narratives and bury
inconvenient facts. The marketplace model doesn’t work for someone, like
Spencer, who believes progressive ideas should have a monopoly.

6. Stengel triggered my “if this is how this writer reasons, reading the
rest is a wate of my time” instinct with this howler, right at the
beginning:

” [As] a government official traveling around the world championing the
virtues of free speech, I came to see how our First Amendment standard is an
outlier. Even the most sophisticated Arab diplomats that I dealt with did
not understand why the First Amendment allows someone to burn a Koran. Why,
they asked me, would you ever want to protect that?It’s a fair question.
Yes, the First Amendment protects the “thought that we hate,” but it should
not protect hateful speech that can cause violence by one group against
another. In an age when everyone has a megaphone, that seems like a design
flaw.”

Ay Caramba! I may never mock President Trump for not appointing “the best
people” again. This guy was stumped by THAT question? He is persuaded my
Middle Eastern doubts about free speech, where citizens cane be punished by
the state for blasphemy? We allow people to burn Kroan, Bibles, American
flags, draft cards and effigied of the President to express dislike,
opposition, contempt, and yes, hate. People have a right to hate things and
to express that hate…or maybe its just dislike, or disrespect. The Stengels
of the world conveniently lump them together as “hate,” all the better to
muzzle us. I don’t like or respect Islam: can I say that? Can I think it?
When someone burns a Koran, isn’t that simply a dramatic way of saying, “I
don’t like what’s in this book, and what it stands for”?

Saying that burning the Koran “can cause violence by one group against
another’ is especially disingenuous; gestures of disrespect toward Islam don’t
incite violence against Muslims, it incites Muslims to do violence against
the critics. Here Stengel is employing another popular anti-speech
distortion that is popular on college campuses: “The speaker we judge as
hateful should be silenced because his speech will make us attempt violence
against him.”

To sum up, I love this op-ed. I think it should be as widely circulated as
possible, and that every Democratic Presidential candidate should be asked
to defend or reject it. Stengel has revealed what the Leftism of 2019 is
really about: rejecting American values, restricting individual rights and
liberties, rigging debate, and stifling dissent.

He’s telling the truth, but it’s not quite the truth he thinks it is.
We know who promotes hate speech laws and why.
The Peeler
2019-10-31 17:05:38 UTC
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
Carolina Reb
2019-10-31 19:55:33 UTC
Post by plainolamerican
We know who promotes hate speech laws and why.
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
FUCK that slanty-eyed Gook son-of-a-bitch. I will NEVER stop calling
the porn-posting Asian bastard for the Mongoloid simpleton that he is!
The Peeler
2019-10-31 19:16:13 UTC
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 15:55:33 -0400, our resident senile nazi homo,

2019-11-01 15:50:16 UTC
Post by plainolamerican
We know who promotes hate speech laws and why.
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
FUCK that slanty-eyed Gook son-of-a-bitch. I will NEVER stop calling
the porn-posting Asian bastard for the Mongoloid simpleton that he is!
You sure make a big deal about slanty eyes.

2019-11-01 17:14:27 UTC
Post by plainolamerican
We know who promotes hate speech laws and why.
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
FUCK that slanty-eyed Gook son-of-a-bitch. I will NEVER stop calling
the porn-posting Asian bastard for the Mongoloid simpleton that he is!
You sure make a big deal about slanty eyes.
Michael
It IS a big deal, when interloping Asiatic Mongoloids
like here roam around freely among our Caucasian homelands
with the intention of spreading your DNA into our genetic
gene pool. Of course, in YOUR particular case, it will never
happen, you slanty-eyed Mongoloid bastard.
The Peeler
2019-11-01 16:26:20 UTC
On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:14:27 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

2019-11-02 16:51:19 UTC
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness,
plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
FUCK that slanty-eyed Gook son-of-a-bitch. I will NEVER stop calling
the porn-posting Asian bastard for the Mongoloid simpleton that he is!
You sure make a big deal about slanty eyes.
Michael
It IS a big deal, when interloping Asiatic Mongoloids
like here roam around freely among our Caucasian homelands
with the intention of spreading your DNA into our genetic
gene pool.
And how successful they are. Check out this couple.

https://www.theknot.com/us/elizabeth-bledsoe-and-jeffrey-yu-jul-2019/photos/2220858

Elizabeth Yu, nee Bledsoe, may be pregnant already!
Post by Carolina Reb
Of course, in YOUR particular case, it will never
happen, you slanty-eyed Mongoloid bastard.
Not that you can show.

2019-11-02 17:08:49 UTC
Post by Carolina Reb
Of course, in YOUR particular case, it will never
happen, you slanty-eyed Mongoloid bastard.
Not that you can show.
You are just a Mongoloid infestation bragging
about your genetic destruction. However that
can change, you Mongoloid bastard....that can
change.
NEMO
2019-11-02 17:38:41 UTC
You are just
YOU are just an ancient, rotting, shiteating, cocksucking,
inferior sack of shite who made a "living" mopping up jizz.

POOFER-BOI: How Walt "Pigshit" Hapmton, aka "Carolina Reb", made a living

"As a young adult, I worked in the adult entertainment industry
(as a technician) in the '70s. The term 'poofer' was used to
denote one or more individuals to prepare the actor(s) into an
aroused sexual state prior to the actual shoot." -- Posted by
Walt "Pigshit" Hampton, Message-ID: <***@news.alt.net>.
Carolina Reb
2019-11-02 17:50:49 UTC
You are just
YOU are just an ancient, rotting, shiteating, cocksucking,
inferior sack of shite who made a "living" mopping up jizz.
POOFER-BOI: How Walt "Pigshit" Hapmton, aka "Carolina Reb", made a living
"As a young adult, I worked in the adult entertainment industry
(as a technician) in the '70s. The term 'poofer' was used to
denote one or more individuals to prepare the actor(s) into an
aroused sexual state prior to the actual shoot." -- Posted by
YOU are just another homosexual Jew who happens to
be suckling in Canada.
The Peeler
2019-11-02 18:25:22 UTC
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 10:50:49 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

Get back into your pigsty where you came from, you disgusting senile nazi
homo swine!

http://i.imgur.com/FhEHP2q.jpg
2019-11-02 19:27:31 UTC
Leading US neo-Nazi jailed for child porn possession
Kevin Alfred Strom (born 1956 in Anchorage, Alaska) is the former
Managing Director of National Vanguard, a Charlottesville-based
organization that has been described as a racist, white separatist,
homophobic, and a Neo-Nazi hate group by the Southern Poverty Law
Center and the Anti-Defamation League.[1][2] Strom resigned from
National Vanguard in July 2006.[3] National Vanguard reportedly
disbanded on March 14, 2007, and its website has been dormant since
that time. In 2008 Strom pleaded guilty to possession of ten images
of child pornography and was sentenced to 23 months in prison.[4]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Alfred_Strom
https://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Strom

Kevin Alfred Strom (born August 17, 1956 in Anchorage, Alaska) is the current media director of the National Alliance and founder of the Alliance's radio program American Dissident Voices.
Contents

1 Background and Education
2 John Birch Society
3 National Alliance
4 Personal Life
5 See also
6 Essays
7 References
8 External links

Background and Education

In Alaska Kevin Alfred Strom first grew up along with his parents who were of Norwegian ancestry. The father had been stationed in Anchorage as a Master Seargent of the US Air Force.

1963 the family moved to Washington, D.C. In this town he later got impressions regarding the Jewish instigated Civil Rights Movement and communist demonstrations against the Vietnam War.

As a boy Kevin Alfred was interested in electronics and at age 16 he became a radio amateur. He later studied at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia and eventually got a qualification as a radio engineer, in which profession he is working until today.
John Birch Society

The search for answers to political questions led Kevin Alfred Strom first to the seemingly patriotic John Birch Society. Soon he left the organization as he realized that out of Political Correctness they tabooed thinking and speaking of race.
National Alliance

1981/82 he met William Pierce. This came out as formative for his further life. Pierce became his teacher and revealed a comprehensive worldview to him which was grounded on a biological and racial basis, including religious (non-Christian) thought (? Cosmotheism). It evolved as a consequence that after Pierce in 1974 had founded the National Alliance, Kevin Alfred Strom grew into a leading position in this organization; in 1991 he became a full-time employee. He launched the weekly broadcasting program American Dissident Voices for the National Alliance. [1] In 1995 he founded the magazine Free Speech for the publication of texts of the National Alliance. Today articles can be found on the internet. (? National Vanguard).

In 2002 Alliance founder William Pierce appointed Strom media director of the National Alliance.

After quarrels within the National Alliance in April 2005 Strom founded a breakaway group, named National Vanguard after the Alliance's periodical. However, the group was short-lived, and most members had left by January 2007. Strom's incessant and relentless commitment to the cause of the Alliance led to criminal persecution and false accusations since the 1990s, but could not prevent him from doing his work. In January 2007 things culminated in a character assassination snares plot against him with bogus allegations of unlawful acts. For that his estranged second wife allied herself to political persecution authorities to perform a retaliation campaign. In January 2007 Strom was arrested and charged. While he was able to defeat some charges, he pled guilty to others in 2008 in order to obtain a speedy release, and was free by August of that year. Outside of legal proceedings he protested his innocence throughout.[2]

Following Strom's release, he resurrected National Vanguard as a website in October 2008. In December 2013 he resurrected American Dissident Voices. Still more significantly, with the original National Alliance moribund under Erich Gliebe's control, in Strom's initial broadcast he announced the re-formation of the National Alliance under the leadership of longtime Memership Coordinator and former Green Beret Will Williams, with Strom directing its media. The new group appears to be Cosmotheist and reinsert passages highlighting conflicts between Alliance philosophy and Christianity into the Membership Handbook. He also announced the construction of a new Alliance headquarters located, like the original, in Eastern Tennessee.[3]

After Gliebe's resignation Strom today is the ideological backbone of the National Alliance, as chairman Will Williams put it. He is also the editor of members' magazine National Alliance Bulletin . In addition he continuously writes essays for his own website.[4]
Personal Life

Kevin Alfred Strom is father of three children and engaged to National Alliance member Vanessa Neubauer.[5] Personal interests are in particular art and photography.

Strom is also editor and administrator of the scientific and literary legacy of Professor of Philology, writer and fighter for White Culture Revilo P. Oliver (1908-1994). This is due to personal ties and days of common struggle for the cause of the National Alliance. In 2002 Strom published Olivers work The Jewish Strategy . Kevin Alfred Strom has created a website on the legacy of Revilo P. Oliver.[6]
See also

White Biocentrism
National Alliance
Lineage of American nationalist organizations and individuals

Essays

It's all Biological – Part 1, National Vanguard, August 6, 2016, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
What We Must Have, National Vanguard, January 14, 2017

References

The current recording is available on saturdays at http://www.nationalvanguard.org.
Kevin Strom. Kevin Alfred Strom’s Address to the Court KevinAlfredStrom.com. January 2009. Accessed January 1, 2013.
Kevin Strom. American Dissident Voices: Renewal and Rebirth National Vanguard. December 28, 2013. Accessed January 1, 2014.
Kevin Alfred Strom's website
Members magazine 'National Alliance Bulletin' ', October 2015, page 3

Home Page Revilo P. Oliver

External links

Kevin Strom's Home Page
About Kevin Alfred Strom
National Vanguard website
My Political Education, American Dissident Voices, June 19, 1993

=========

Facts for you, you asshole-plowing Jew:

NEMO

Carolina Reb
2019-11-02 19:40:30 UTC
Yes, we know.
"We?" How many of you Jewboys ARE "you," fucking schizo
homo Jew faggot-boy?
NEMO

The Peeler
2019-11-02 19:50:31 UTC
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 12:40:30 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

Fuck off from straight people's ngs, you disgusting senile nazi homo swine!

http://i.imgur.com/naXtCZh.jpg
2019-11-02 19:50:01 UTC
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 12:27:31 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

https://postimg.cc/Tp8B3hDq
2019-11-02 18:24:51 UTC
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 10:08:49 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

http://i.imgur.com/naXtCZh.jpg
2019-11-04 16:17:18 UTC
Post by plainolamerican
We know who promotes hate speech laws and why.
We know who promotes hate speech and lawlessness, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
Hate speech is an attack on truth itself.