Georgia Senate Bill 281 Would Ban All Semi-Automatic Firearms
2020-01-06 16:25:55 UTC
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/georgia-senate-bill-281-would-ban-all-semi-automatic-firearms/

Georgia Senate Bill 281 Would Ban All Semi-Automatic Firearms
BY CARL BUSSJAEGER |JAN 05, 2020 |63 COMMENTS
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
EMAIL
assault weapons ban semi-automatic firearms
Bigstock

Georgia state Senator Donzella James has filed SB 281 a bill “…to prohibit
the possession of automatic and semi-automatic guns…” That might seem
significant enough on its own, but this one is crafted such that…

I almost want this to pass unamended.

ADVERTISING

I say almost, because the bill would do a few other things of which I also
disapprove: ban “high” capacity magazine (more than ten rounds) and private
sales at gun shows. It would also require “secure storage” of firearms by
dealers.

But let’s look at that semi-auto ban. As is so often the case, the nitty
gritty is hidden in the definitions.

SB 281: Dangerous Instrumentalities and Practices; possession of automatic
and semi-automatic guns; prohibit; revise and provide definitions
[…]
As used in this part, the term:
(1) ‘Automatic or semi-automatic gun’ means any weapon which shoots or is
designed to shoot:
(A) Automatically, more than six shots, without manual reloading, by a
single function of the trigger; or
(B) Without any action needed to fire consecutive shots, other than having
ammunition loaded in such weapon’s feeding device.

Senator Donzella James
Sen. Donzella James, D-College Park, right, talks with Sen. Vincent Fort,
D-Atlanta, left, during a debate on the Senate Floor (AP Photo/David
Goldman)

As is clear from part (A), Senator Duncella McGrabagun clearly thinks
semi-automatic firearms are machine guns. She displays the usual level of
expertise on the part of those who would craft the laws under which we all
have to live.

Ah, but then there’s (B)…

Personally, I think a firearm that starts chain-firing as soon as you insert
a magazine should be repaired, not banned.

I wonder if I could get Senator James to file a bill to ban semi-assault
weapons firing heat-seeking, bullet-piercing bullets, too.

In government, anything’s possible.
plainolamerican
Donzella James is an ignorant anti-gun and christian fool.
The Peeler
2020-01-06 18:18:22 UTC
Well, YOU are just plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
Michael Ejercito
2020-01-07 16:50:05 UTC
Post by plainolamerican
Post by Michael Ejercito
[...]
Indeed.

Here is Chris's comment.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/georgia-senate-bill-281-would-ban-all-semi-automatic-firearms/#comment-4415244

NO, I REFUSE.

Better think of something else.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2020-01-06 19:56:15 UTC
On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 08:25:55 -0800, "Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
[...]
If there is anything dumber than a Democrat, it's a Democrat trying to
draft gun legislation.
plainolamerican
or any variety of republicans.
The Peeler
Or any variety of retarded muzzies, plaingaydumbmuzzieshit!
Michael Ejercito

2020-01-07 16:51:55 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
[...]

Here is my comment.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/georgia-senate-bill-281-would-ban-all-semi-automatic-firearms/#comment-4415654

Does anyone think this law will stop gangbangers in Atlanta from doing
drive-bys?