Unethical Quote Of The Month: Apple, Or “Stop Making Me Defend Alex Jones!”
2018-08-07 11:23:43 UTC
http://ethicsalarms.com/2018/08/06/unethical-quote-of-the-month-apple-or-stop-making-me-defend-alex-jones/#more-45680

Unethical Quote Of The Month: Apple, Or “Stop Making Me Defend Alex Jones!”

“Apple does not tolerate hate speech, and we have clear guidelines that
creators and developers must follow to ensure we provide a safe environment
for all of our users. Podcasts that violate these guidelines are removed
from our directory making them no longer searchable or available for
download or streaming. We believe in representing a wide range of views, so
long as people are respectful to those with differing opinions.”
—-A spokesperson for Apple last week, following confirmation that it had
removed five out of six podcasts by far-right conspiracy theorist Alex
Jones, including “The Alex Jones Show” and some of his InfoWars audio
streams.

This is a terrifying statement…almost as terrifying as the fact that so many
Americans won’t understand why it’s terrifying. Unless one does not
understand the First Amendment and why its principles are the beating heart
of American democracy, or unless you are an increasingly typical 21st
Century progressive, who feels that the Left should have the power to decide
what kind of speech is tolerable, Apple is telling us that it is going to
use its immense power and influence over the distribution of ideas to suit
its preferences regarding what people should see, hear, and think.

The routine default defense of this kind of calculated ideological bias by
the big tech and internet companies is that they are not government entities
and thus not bound by the Bill of Rights, which is absolutely true. It is
also true, however, that they currently have the power to substantially
impede access to the public marketplace of ideas by those their owners,
leaders and employees disagree with, and lack the ethical orientation,
integrity, trustworthiness and intellect to fairly and responsibly exercise
this power. The statement proves this emphatically:

“Hate speech” is self-defining, meaning that it is anything a censor says it
is. It is just speech, that’s all, but speech that someone doesn’t like
sufficiently to call “hate speech” and then embrace the false assertion that
such speech has less status than any other speech.
Speech does not make anyone “unsafe.” No one needs to be made “safe” from
speech. If someone doesn’t like what Alex Jones is saying, they have the
remedy at their fingertips: stop listening. If someone knows what a
disgusting liar he is, then don’t access his podcasts. Is this really so
hard that Apple has to protect its users?
“We believe in representing a wide range of views, so long as people are
respectful to those with differing opinions” is pure hypocrisy. Apple isn’t
respectful of differing opinions; if it were, then it wouldn’t censor Alex
Jones. Being respectful of differing opinions means being respectful of
really stupid and offensive opinions, or at least the right to have and
express them.
Facebook and Spotify have also banned Jones. If they will do it to him,
using Apple’s dishonest and unethical criteria, they might do it to you. As
the news media becomes increasingly bold it its determination to manipulate
public opinion rather than provide the unfiltered information needed for the
public to understand the world around them, the big tech companies like
Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Google can be counted upon to be bolder
still—after all, they don’t even have the pretense of a professional ethics
code to defy, and censorship of expression is just one more tool for them to
achieve power and profit.

Last week, for example, it was revealed that Google, which at least had the
integrity to ditch its cynical “Don’t Be Evil” motto a few months ago, is
working on a search engine for China, code named “Dragonfly,” that will
allow the government to censor searches. There’s a lot of money in China,
after all. Besides, the censorship will keep Chinese Google users “safe”
from all sorts of speech that the government doesn’t “tolerate.”

2018-08-08 12:50:05 UTC
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 04:23:43 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
http://ethicsalarms.com/2018/08/06/unethical-quote-of-the-month-apple-or-stop-making-me-defend-alex-jones/#more-45680
Unethical Quote Of The Month: Apple, Or “Stop Making Me Defend Alex Jones!”
“Apple does not tolerate hate speech, and we have clear guidelines that
creators and developers must follow to ensure we provide a safe environment
for all of our users. Podcasts that violate these guidelines are removed
from our directory making them no longer searchable or available for
download or streaming. We believe in representing a wide range of views, so
long as people are respectful to those with differing opinions.”
—-A spokesperson for Apple last week, following confirmation that it had
removed five out of six podcasts by far-right conspiracy theorist Alex
Jones, including “The Alex Jones Show” and some of his InfoWars audio
streams.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with that, you slant eyed GBLTPQ
mongoloiid?

2018-08-08 13:41:59 UTC
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 05:50:05 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew
“Apple does not tolerate hate speech, and we have clear guidelines that
creators and developers must follow to ensure we provide a safe environment
for all of our users. Podcasts that violate these guidelines are removed
from our directory making them no longer searchable or available for
download or streaming. We believe in representing a wide range of views, so
long as people are respectful to those with differing opinions.”
—-A spokesperson for Apple last week, following confirmation that it had
removed five out of six podcasts by far-right conspiracy theorist Alex
Jones, including “The Alex Jones Show” and some of his InfoWars audio
streams.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with that, you slant eyed GBLTPQ
mongoloiid?
Sounds more like you got a severe FUCKING problem, you ridiculous housebound
sexual cripple! LOL

2018-08-10 11:37:03 UTC
On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 04:06:59 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
[...]
Michael
Dreckgook, greek you then, you slant eyed GBLTPQ mongoloid!

2018-08-10 13:08:13 UTC
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 04:37:03 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Mangina, I sure do!
Michael
Dreckgook, greek you then, you slant eyed GBLTPQ mongoloid!
Dreckserb, instead your OWN life (if one can call that spastic thing you are
suffering from a "life" at all) keeps "greeking" YOU ...and obviously VERY
hard!

2018-08-11 15:30:22 UTC
[...]
Nithing, no wonder your life is buggered!