Two Men From The Philippines Busted For Illegal Crab Harvesting At Barnet Marine Park Burnaby.
Add Reply
Klaus Schadenfreude
2022-01-01 23:53:13 UTC
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 05:11:10 -0800 (PST), Gwegowy Carr
Burnaby illegal crab fishing nets two men $6,000 in fines
A Vancouver Provincial Court judge noted Burnaby's Barnet Marine Park is notorious for being overfished
Jeremy Hainsworth Jeremy Hainsworth
about 14 hours ago
crabs in net
Two men were fined $3,000 each and forfeited their crab traps after pleading guilty to illegal crab fishing in June.Sollina Images / Getty Images
Two men who pleaded guilty to illegal crab fishing at Burnaby’s Barnet Marine Park this summer were fined $3,000 each in Vancouver Provincial Court on Dec. 31.
catching and retaining undersized Dungeness crab
catching and retaining more than their daily crab quota
They faced other charges, including selling or possessing illegally caught fish, but those charges were stayed.
The Crown told the court that a fisheries officer saw the men on June 12 with multiple bags and stopped them to inspect their load. He found 33 Dungeness crabs, 21 of them undersized.
The officer then asked the pair to pull in their traps and found they had no names on them. The crabs inside were measured and released.
The Crown said each person was allowed four crabs by law, leaving them 25 over the limit.
The court heard both men had valid fishing licences and should have been aware of the four-crab rule. The Crown said their contravention of the British Columbia Sport Fishing Regulations put them in violation of the federal Fisheries Act.
The men told the judge they were aware of the regulations but said they were unclear.
The Crown told the judge the regulations on size exist to protect crab-breeding stock.
The judge noted Barnet Marine Park is “notorious for being overfished.”
Both men were contrite.
“We acknowledge our mistake and we apologize for our big mistake,” Viray said through a Tagalog interpreter.
The judge ordered forfeiture of the crab traps and gave the men one year to pay their fines.
twitter.com/jhainswo
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/highlights/burnaby-illegal-crab-fishing-nets-two-men-6000-in-fines-4913939
https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/criminal/searchAccusedResult.do?serviceId=75968456 other than a speeding violation this is Mr. Navarro's first offense.
I was in Tswassen earlier this year and a fisheries officer was questioning two ethnic Asian women about their digging of clams the no clam digging red tide paralytic poisoning sign in English clearly visible.
Is Beverley Anne Lockhart Still Missing? She Would Be 62 Now.
Greg Carr’s profile photo
Greg Carr
24 Jul 2020, 12:14:23
July 10, 2015 ·
MISSING: Beverley Anne Lockhart, 56, was reported missing to Burnaby RCMP this morning. The family and RCMP are concerned about Lockhart's well-being. Her vehicle was found in the Barnet Marine Park area at Barnet Hwy and Texaco Drive around noon on Wednesday. Lockhart is described as 5'5" tall, 154lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Burnaby RCMP.
Comments
Greg Carr
I did a Google search of her name and found an old FB thread and a cpl ppl posted she was found but the vast majority of ppl said she was still missing. I contacted the Burnaby RCMP last week by email and asked them if she had been found but didn't receive a reply either way. It is hit and miss when you contact law enforcement.
Greg Carr’s profile photo
Greg Carr
15 Aug 2020, 07:16:42
https://www.facebook.com/GlobalBC/photos/missing-beverley-anne-lockhart-56-was-reported-missing-to-burnaby-rcmp-this-morn/10153395608017808/ has a picture of her.
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.true-crime/c/jUsTqDF6fEE 22 Google Groups views alone in 18 months.
Flips are even worse than the other gooks, Gweg!
If it's two flips, look no further than Ejercito and Chung. Both are
perverted and probably do have a case of the crabs. Dirty things!
Michael Ejercito
Greg Carr’s profile photo
Greg Carr
Greg Carr’s profile photo
Greg Carr
15 Aug 2020, 07:16:42
https://www.facebook.com/GlobalBC/photos/missing-beverley-anne-lockhart-56-was-reported-missing-to-burnaby-rcmp-this-morn/10153395608017808/ has a picture of her.
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.true-crime/c/jUsTqDF6fEE 22 Google Groups views alone in 18 months.
Flips are even worse than the other gooks, Gweg!
If it's two flips, look no further than Ejercito and Chung. Both are
perverted and probably do have a case of the crabs. Dirty things!
Forger, we are better than you!