Reed College Trains RAs to Recognize Covert White Supremacy. Examples: ‘Colorblindness’ and ‘Assuming Good Intentions Are Enough.’
2019-03-12 16:34:53 UTC
http://reason.com/blog/2019/03/12/reed-college-white-supremacy-covert

Reed College Trains RAs to Recognize Covert White Supremacy. Examples:
‘Colorblindness’ and ‘Assuming Good Intentions Are Enough.’
"It's provocative, and that was the intention."
Robby Soave|Mar. 12, 2019 11:00 am

Reed
Another Believer / Wikimedia Commons
Students who wish to become housing assistants at Reed College must undergo
training to identify overt and covert white supremacy. A handout used in the
January seminar lists examples of both: Overt white supremacy concerns
obviously racist things such as racial slurs, hate crimes, and using the
n-word, whereas covert white supremacy consists of a much broader and more
baffling spectrum of behaviors, including "assuming that good intentions are
enough," engaging in "cultural appropriation," expecting people of color "to
teach white people," being a "self-appointed white ally," and of course, use
of the phrase "Make America Great Again."

It's this last inclusion that drew the attention of The College Fix. But
whether or not MAGA should be considered always and automatically an example
of racism, there are enough questionable inclusions to make a reasonable
person wonder about this list.

As it turns out, the list was not created by Reed College. A staffer at the
college's Office for Inclusive Community found it on the internet and
printed it off.

"It's provocative, and that was the intention, to present the RAs with
something provocative and spur a conversation about the difference between
implicit bias versus explicit bias," Kevin Myers, a spokesperson for Reed
College, told The College Fix.

Note that this conversation did not take place inside a classroom—it took
place in a training seminar for student resident advisors and housing staff.
This is concerning; as part of a course's curriculum, one might reasonably
expect this information to be presented by an academic expert on white
supremacy, and the subsequent discussion to contain some nuance and room for
disagreement. The Office for Inclusive Community, on the other hand, is an
activist bureaucracy. What free speech assurances are there for students
entering an administrative training program?

When I talk about campus free speech issues in the context of my forthcoming
book, Panic Attack: Young Radicals in the Age of Trump (pre-order here), I'm
often asked whether I think the faculty are indoctrinating the students.
People are usually surprised to learn that the greater dangers to
intellectual diversity and freedom of expression may be coming from the
administration, and this Reed College seminar is an excellent example of why
that's the case.

w***@att.net
2019-03-12 19:27:38 UTC
Overt white supremacy concerns
obviously racist things such as racial slurs,
I hope THIS is "racist" enough for you, you porn posting
miscegenating-dreaming slanty-eyed puke-skinned Mongoloid
bastard simpleton. Go beat your little yellow Gook pecker
over your own porn collection and nut all over yourself,
you Asiatic son of an Asian whore.

Now, do something about it.
The Peeler
2019-03-12 19:48:46 UTC
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:27:38 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,

Humpin Hampton KEEPS revealing her homosexuality:
"Seeking Kinky Single Males"
MID: <539bd0e0-55d2-4ed5-9689-***@googlegroups.com>
Michael Ejercito
2019-03-13 13:31:50 UTC
Post by w***@att.net
Post by Michael Ejercito
Overt white supremacy concerns
obviously racist things such as racial slurs,
I hope THIS is "racist" enough for you, you porn posting
miscegenating-dreaming slanty-eyed puke-skinned Mongoloid
bastard simpleton. Go beat your little yellow Gook pecker
over your own porn collection and nut all over yourself,
you Asiatic son of an Asian whore.
Now, do something about it.
The only thing you need to know about people with slanty eyes is that so many of them are in loving relationships.

Here is my comment.

http://reason.com/blog/2019/03/12/reed-college-white-supremacy-covert#comment_7711163

Why is covert white supremacy more problematic than other forms of covert racism?
p***@gmail.com
i don't believe in white supremacy. i do not however have a problem with people who are. as long as other creeds are not harmed by them. iow, they can say what they want as long as it does not promote violence against other creeds. i also support people of other creeds to promote their supremacy i.e. black supremacists, jewish supremacists, etc. no violence though.
The Peeler
2019-03-13 17:09:46 UTC
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 06:43:24 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com, better
known as "Moose in Love with Nazi Scum" spread yet more of his stench:

What are you doing in sci, nazi hypocrite?
--
Moose in Love with Nazi Scum:
"I'd like to be your jailhouse bitch. Have you got what it takes to shove
MID: <8aaea992-f6eb-46e3-b1fb-***@googlegroups.com>
w***@att.net
2019-03-13 18:06:32 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
i don't believe in white supremacy. i do not however have a problem with people who are. as long as other creeds are not harmed by them. iow, they can say what they want as long as it does not promote violence against other creeds. i also support people of other creeds to promote their supremacy i.e. black supremacists, jewish supremacists, etc. no violence though.
You seem to be confused over two issues. One of White supremacy and the
other of White Separatism. There IS a difference. You should learn to
differentiate the two because each are totally unrelated.
The Peeler
2019-03-13 19:03:44 UTC
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 11:06:32 -0700 (PDT), our resident senile nazi homo,