World Mental Health Day followed by Yom Kippur
Add Reply
David Dalton
2024-10-09 22:33:38 UTC
October 10, or 10--10, is World Mental Health Day.

From

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Mental_Health_Day :

"World Mental Health Day is an international day for global mental health
education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma. It was first
celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental
Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more
than 150 countries.”

(I hope to soon improve the mental health of Mother Earth and many living
here.)

Also, Yom Kippur is from sunset on October 11 to nightfall on October 12.

From

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur :

"Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the year in Judaism. It occurs annually on
the 10th of Tishrei, corresponding to a date in late September or early
October. For traditional Jewish people, it is primarily centered on atonement
and repentance.”

October 10 is also D-moon and October 11 is fat-D-moon. :-)

a D.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
David Dalton
2024-10-09 23:44:33 UTC
Post by David Dalton
October 10, or 10--10, is World Mental Health Day.
From
"World Mental Health Day is an international day for global mental health
education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma. It was first
celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental
Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more
than 150 countries.”
(I hope to soon improve the mental health of Mother Earth and many living
here.)
That reminds me of the following, from
https://www.nfld.com/~dalton/sunstare.html , about my first mental
health ward hospitalization, in September 1991:

When in the hospital, not long after coming mostly out of it with the aid of
Ativan and Haldol and lithium, I wrote an "AGU Abstract" (American
Geophysical Union fall meeting Abstract) supposedly for presentation at the
December fall meeting in San Francisco. It combined Gaia theory, the
collective consciousness and the theory of an intelligent cyberspace, and
said that humans could act as white blood cells in healing the physical
problems of Gaia (environmental problems) and provide self-counselling
strategies to heal the mental ills (social problems). This I called
"SocioEnvironMental Health" or something (I have it somewhere). But my
supervisor and friends gently dissuaded me from sending it in (actually by
the time I had access to mail/etc. I had no intention of submitting it).